The porcelain veneers procedure is a non-invasive cosmetic enhancement that serves many purposes. In addition to being a permanent solution, veneers can actually strengthen treated teeth allowing the patient many years to enjoy their beautiful new smile.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
While there are many benefits with porcelain veneers, five of the top include:
- They are a solution for many issues: Unlike other dental procedures aimed at a specific problem, veneers can be used to treat deep dental stain, chipped or cracked enamel, uneven dentition, and/or unwanted gaps between teeth. A patient suffering from one or many of these dental conditions can get results from this one cosmetic process.
- Permanent: This is not a temporary fix. To place veneers, your dentist will remove a small amount of enamel from the front of teeth to be repaired making this treatment option permanent.
- Self-confidence boost: In a matter of weeks and a couple of dental visits, you can totally revamp your appearance eliminating the things you dislike about your smile.
- Ease of care: Once porcelain veneers are cemented in place, you will provide the same care for all your teeth … brushing and flossing daily and visiting your dentist every six months for cleaning and dental exam. There is nothing special needed for their care.
- Non-invasive: The procedure does not require any surgery or treatment requiring time off from work or school
Veneers Provide A Long Lasting Treatment Option
With proper care, veneers are designed to last for many, many years. The patient is advised that they must take care to avoid biting their nails, opening packages with their teeth, and biting into hard or chewy foods. In the unlikely event a veneer should break or become dislodged, it would need to be replaced.
Veneers offer flexibility in that one or multiple teeth can be treated.
Another positive aspect of porcelain is that it is naturally resistant to stain. This also means that if the patient is considering teeth whitening, that should be completed before the veneer process is initiated so your dentist may match the veneers to your newly lightened teeth shade.
Porcelain veneers … an ideal solution that can transform your smile in a few short weeks. Contact our team at Bliss Dental today to schedule a consultation.